Dogs are amazing creatures. Even dogs that are mistreated show a level of loyalty to their owners that is unmatched by any other animal. This fascinating degree of loyalty deserves respect and acknowledgement. Spoiling our beloved dogs is a great way to show them that we care. Buying for a dog however is not the same as buying for a human. Where a fancy dinner out on the town would please most any human, dogs are more simplistic in nature. Here are 10 simple gifts that you can give to your best friend on any occasion to see their tail wag and watch them jump for joy.
- Squeaky Toy – They are loud and can bother some people due to the noise, but a squeaky toy can be pure happiness to a dog. Simple squeaky toys are often the most desirable for their affordability, but it is important to remember to take every opportunity to stimulate your dog’s mine. Dogs are natural hunters. Squeaky toys that offer a reward within will give your precious friend the hunting experience they have been looking for. They may be slightly more expensive, but your dog will appreciate the treat encased within the toy as well as the excitement of the hunt.
- A Bone – Dogs are natural chewers. They exercise their gums and strengthen their teeth by chewing. There is no better toy than that of a new bone. There are a lot of different bones on the market today, but it is important to invest in a quality bone. One that is well made and durable will offer your dog the most enjoyment without risk of injury.
- New Bed – Over time a pet’s bed can become misshapen and lumpy. If it looks uncomfortable to you, it is probably uncomfortable to them. A fresh new bed will have your dog sleeping like a new born baby. Although there are a number of traditional types of pet beds that are great for your dog, for a special treat invest in a newer model pet bed that offers a great amount of support in addition to the luxurious comfort.
- Splash Pool – Kiddie pools are an inexpensive way for children to cool off in during the hot summer months. They can also be very enjoyable for your dog. For water loving dogs a swim in a splash pool is an exceptional way to beat the heat.
- A Rope – Ropes have always been a great toy for dogs of all sizes. Although a standard rope is sufficient for dog enjoyment, there are a number of different shapes and colours on the market today that will make your dog’s rope gift an extra special one. Be sure to get a rope appropriate for the size of your dog. A large dog will make quick work of a substandard rope and a small dog will not know how to handle an overly large one.
- Ball – In the history of dog kind there is no toy on the planet that brings more joy than that of a ball. This may seem like a simple form of entertainment for humans, but playing fetch with a brand new brightly coloured ball is the Holy Grail in the dog kingdom. Balls are no longer limited to a simple tennis ball. There are more colours and styles to choose from than ever before. A special new ball for any dog is the perfect gift.
- Laser Light – Many dog owners will be cautious with this toy. There are a number of consumer reports that may discourage the responsible dog owner, but rest assured that a laser light is perfectly safe when kept from the animal’s eyes. Your pet will truly enjoy chasing the red light all over the house.
- Disc for Throwing – Flying discs have been flying through the air giving dog’s a happy form of exercise for years. This seemingly outdated toy still makes a great gift for dogs. Flying discs today do not merely come in hard plastic. They now come in a wide variety of materials that make exercise more fun and safer for all dogs.
- Crunch Toys – Any toy that makes noise will quickly become the best friend to a dog. These toys make a crinkle noise that dogs really enjoy. Many pet owners will use a plastic bottle in place of purchasing a crunch toy, but bottles are easily torn up and swallowed by the dog. Companies such as Ethical Pets make great crunch toys that can be virtually destroys by a dog without the choking and health hazard that a bottle poses.
- Hidden Treats – Kong is the brand name most associated with hidden treat toys. This bestselling dog toy offers an incentive with play. The dog has to work a little bit to get to the treat. It offers the dog entertainment and reward all in one.
No matter what toy you choose for your dog, they will no doubt really enjoy it. There are many other toys available for special dog gifts, but these ten would be number one on your dog’s wish list if he possessed the ability to make a list.